While there is nothing “punny” about the issue, I can’t contain myself so I’m going to get to the heart of the matter: Did you know heart disease is the number one killer of women.
“The number one killer?” you ask incredulously.
Yes, the number one killer.
Heart disease kills about one woman every minute which means that just last year approximately 450,000 mothers, sisters, aunts, wives, daughters, grandmothers, and friends were taken from their families.
Not only that, but did you know that 90% of women have one or more risk factors for developing heart disease?
So it’s time to use the internet and social media for what they do best – spread the word, inform, and educate – which is why I’m participating in fitlosophy, inc.’s 2nd annual Blog Your Heart Out Day.
Not only that, but I’m going to put my ‘towels where my heart is’ and offer a special giveaway in the hopes that you will tell five of your friends about this health risk.
I am going to give two (2) “Put Your Heart Into It.” towels – one to keep and one to give to a friend – to three (3) people to help raise awareness about this important issue.
Here is how you can enter to win:
- Click the Blog Your Heart Out button on the right.
- Complete the registration form and join the Go Red movement.
- Share the Go Red message by telling 5 friends. (There is a very handy form at the bottom of the registration form, making it so easy for your to do!)
- Leave a comment on this post letting me know that you completed the above giveaway entry requirements and why this issue is important to you. Feel free to share a personal story so that others can learn from you experience.
- For good karma points: tweet about this post, share it on Facebook, or email family and friends. Spread the word however you can and you just may save a friend’s life.
This giveaway is open to residents of the United States and Canada only and fittingly, ends at midnight PST on February 14th, 2011.
Please remember to include a valid email address for the drawing. I will draw the winners from the comments using a random number generator and contact them via email. The winners will have 24 hours to claim the prize or a new winner will be chosen. Void where prohibited.