It’s always wonderful to have family who is supportive of your athletic endeavors whether it’s finishing a 5k or winning Olympic gold, but it’s often even more helpful if they have experience of their own to use when they advise and support you.
Mariel Zagunis is fortunate to have not one, but two, family members who competed in an Olympic games so they know firsthand the mental and physical preparation necessary to compete at that level.
Question of the Day: What sport did Mariel’s parent’s compete in at the Olympics?
- To enter the contest, leave a comment below the post with your answer to that day’s question. No registration is required to leave a comment, however comments may not show up immediately as they await moderation.
- Only one entry, per person, per day. More than one entry per person per day will result in disqualification.
- This contest is open to fans worldwide. Void where prohibited.
- Each winner will be chosen using a random number generator from the entries with the correct answer for each day of the countdown.
- Winners will be selected and announced on June 27th, 2011.
- Winners will be notified via email and given 24 hours to respond therefore please leave a valid email so that you can be contacted if you are the selected winner.
- The grand prize will be awarded to the fan who answers the most questions correctly. In the event that there is a tie, the grand prize winner will be selected using a random number generator.